miércoles, 2 de septiembre de 2015

Ttraveling solo

                                                               Traveling alone


Since I am a high school student, I used to spend my vacations with my friends, we used to ride our bikes for hours to visit new places and cities. One time my uncle drove us to Perez Zeledon, when we were there, we put our bikes down and we started to ride them toward San Jose. My uncle was behind us all the time. I already have an amazing experience, which I want to share because I am sure I will carry with me until my last days because I was doing something good but I was sad because I did not have any of my friends to enjoy and share that: my first flight to the United States.



Though traveling is not a big deal for me today, before my trip to the United States, I used to be a homebody. I had friends to hang out with, several hobbies, and I felt completely comfortable spending my vacations in my hometown or sometimes even on my block without going anywhere.


The situation changed when one day a person came to my class and she talked about an exchange program to visit the United States. (The Work Travel program provides foreign students with an opportunity to live and work in the United States during their vacation from college or university to experience and to be exposed to the people and way of life in the United States). I will not describe how she managed to persuade me to join but she did a good job using pictures and videos where some students talked about that wonderful experience.



This was not my first time outside of Costa Rica, however it was my first flight to the United States and I was alone, without any friend close to me, so I was sad. When the plane was flying over the United States, I was turning my head in all directions through the little window of the plane to admire the buildings and mountains. Unfortunately, the weather was foggy most the time, even despite this fact, I still enjoyed the view.



On my first day there, I stayed in a big hotel and it had a restaurant on the top but it was amazing because, it rotates all the time. Few days after that, I took another flight to Nevada where I was hired to work. It was a hotel near Sierra Nevada where I learned to practice snowboarding and it became my hobby there. I used to practice every weekend and I met some new friends from other countries.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario